Sunday, April 18, 2010

pin cushion swapsies

DSC05296

Oh I know! I'm late, I'm late!  Not too late just a little bit late but this was supposed to be in the post on Friday.  I'm sorry Kate.  I'm sorry secret swapsies person.  It will be in the post tomorrow, I promise.  I swear upon the crochet goddess...

DSC05309

So this is my pin cushion for Kate's pin cushion swap! It's a jar pin cushion pattern that I'd seen on the net a few times. I decided to use this tutorial.  It was really easy to follow.

DSC05303

I really like the idea of being able to store pins in the bottom as well as having a cool pin cushion space on top.  I couldn't resist decorating it with a bit of crochet.  I also couldn't resist choosing bright contrasting colours either... and I couldn't resist filling it with a few additional goodies either.

DSC05302

It's kind of like a pin-cushion sewing kit all in one.  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and are hoping my secret swapsies person likes it as much as I do.

For more amazing pin cushions, check out the contributions on this flickr page.  I think you'll agree it's been a fun and fantastic swap.  That's probably because it was organised by a fun, fantastic and creative person by the name of Kate...

15 comments:

Sally said...

That pin cushion will be well worth the wait. Lovely.
...and yes awesome that it also serves as a storage solution. Perhaps we'll be seeking them in ikea soon ;0

Kate said...

LOVE IT! Love it so much! What craftsperson doesn't need a bit of an innovative storage solution?! Thanks so much for the lovely words, thanks for playing and thanks for being a fun and fabulous swapper! I hope you love the one you get in the mail too. XX

thornberry said...

I love this Melanie! I'm very interested in blatantly copying you and making one for myself. May I ask where you found the jar?

june at noon said...

Very cool. I love the storage underneath, and I especially love the addition of the crochet. Makes it extra personal!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

You're not alone in the tardy posting stakes, i assure you!! Wish that was coming to me, love Posie

Mel said...

Superb Melanie! Lucky lucky swap partner!

Cathie said...

love it Melanie, so very clever & functional.
lucky swap partner.
..hmmm, still waiting on mine ;)

Gina said...

You are ROCKIN the jarcushion there Melanie. So cool!

Tanya said...

I agree, definitely worth the wait for your lucky swappee. It's gorgeous and functional.

Margaret said...

gorgeous! I love the idea of the jar below.

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous Melanie & definitely has your stamp on it. What a lucky recipient.

Claire said...

Hey Melanie,fabulous idea for the pincushion swap. I know it's not coming to live with me, as I have already received mine, but I am sure the recipient will be thrilled.
Had a browse through your blog love all the crochet and your etsy shop is great

Tania said...

Sheesh, talk about a pin cushion you HAD to create! Perfect work.

Selina said...

Ooooh, I LOVE it!! I'm sure all will be forgiven when that beauty is opened up!

julie k said...

This is the cutest pin cushion I've ever seen! I have a little jar that would be perfect for this. Thanks for the inspiration!