Saturday, July 10, 2010

start with a photo...

black alpaca scarf/shawl

I know it's been a while.  The longer you leave your blog the harder it is to return.  With so many ideas going through your mind where do you start?

I saw Cathie last weekend when I went on the Northside Makers Market bus tour to Daylesford.  Cathie said "Just start with a photo and keep it simple".  So I am.  Here is the photo (well there's two actually).  It's a shawl I crocheted during the week from some handspun alpaca  I bought at the Daylesford craft market.  It's yummy, has great weight and I love how it spirals around on the ends.

black alpaca scarf/shawl

It's also a bit sparkly(I'm a sucker for a bit of glitter) and incredibly warm.

Hope you are all well and please forgive me for my absence.  I know I have a give away to attend to and  a couple of other unfinished things.  Promise I'll be onto all of that asap.

Take care. xo M*

18 comments:

Cathie said...

yay!!! good to see you back here!
me likes.
it just gets easier now ♥

Nikki said...

Lovely to see you back in this space!

Also lovely to see a bit of crochet... I'm a recent convert to the hook. Loving it.

Kate said...

Hooray and welcome back!
I have missed this space so much.
Love the shawl and loved meeting you.
I love that now I can read your blog in your voice. X

Kylie said...

Hi Melanie :) Lovely to see you back. The shawl is just gorgeous - enjoy wearing it! Kx

Mel said...

That Cathie knows what she's talking about! Welcome back!

Um and I can't believe you just whipped that up in a week!!! Gorgeous!

glor said...

Your shawl is beautiful!

Jennie said...

Nice to have you back on the internet!

Beck said...

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl! It was great to meet you the other day and I hope you had fun too. Keep warm xo

dillpickle said...

Lovely to hear from you!! Welcome back :-)

What a fabulous shawl, and you made it so quickly!

Looking forward to hearing about some of those ideas whirling around in there.

Jodie said...

No need to apologise - this is your space.

(but its nice to see you)

Sally said...

It is wonderful to have you back. I love seeing what you have or are crocheting. This shawl is so so so lovely.

You have been missed.

sylviesgarden said...

I LOVE the shawl! Its fabulous.
Glad you are back.
x

june at noon said...

Lovely to see you back, and it's a great photo to start with!

Kylie said...

Welcome back to the blogaverse, lovely shawl I'm a sucker for shawls. I was in Daylesford last Saturday and desperately wanted to poke my nose into the market but had to suffice with oggling it as I drove past, not much fun dragging kids through that sort of thing especially late in the day!

yardage girl said...

Welcome back! I'm a sucker for a bit of sparkle-arkle too! Nic

MooBear Designs said...

Welcome back to blog land!! Missed your crochet creations!! Your shall is stunning and a little glitter goes a long long way!!!

Xo Steph

Queenotisblue said...

That shawl is gorgeous!

marble columns said...

Hello Melanie, It's a cool work and welcome back. xo
~ Herman Swan