...there's a door.

This door resides in my hallway just outside my bedroom. It's a lovely old door with a full length mirror on the front that comes in very handy. You probably think it's a lovely door too and probably think that I am very lucky to have an old house with a linen closet with a lovely door? Well I am lucky but the problem is it isn't a linen closet door nor is it a door to a room or another type of cupboard. It's kind of a door to no-where because it doesn't open.
You see, if you were able to open it, you would end up walking into the shower recess in my bathroom which is on the other side.

That could be quite an exciting adventure depending on who was in the shower at the time. Unfortunately Johnny Depp doesn't often have showers in my house. I know, sad but true.
Sometimes I think that perhaps the door does lead to somewhere. Perhaps it hides a hidden world...
where it's extremely cold and the fawns that live there bear an uncanny resemblance to the lovely blue-eyed James McAvoy. I'd have a cup of tea with Mr Tumnus wouldn't you?
Or perhaps it's really a door to a time travelling space ship...

that can fly you all over the universe with a pilot that bears an uncanny resemblance to the very cute David Tennant. How cool would that be?
Whatever the case I have yet to open this mysterious door. From time to time I try but with no success. I guess I'll just have to continue to live with it the way it is as disappointing as that is...

Thanks to Toni from Little Suitcase for today's theme. Please pop over to Ms Pip's to see more nice, different and unusual places...



30 comments:
Oh...that is so funny!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
how unusually magical & mysterious..the door that lead to who-knows-where..ohhh the suspense is killing me!!
Ooo, a door to nowhere or somewhere a betwix and between place, how deliciously thrilling, I can just imagine a story staring with a door that dosen't seem to open.
Oh your door is Excellent ... no doubt about it you're the winner ;)
Oh wow, that is weird, or rather Unusual!!! lol Amazing to see how many places have quirky features like this!
I love this post. What a great way to make a closed door exciting.
That is so cool! I'm glad you remembered it, it's noice, that is! ;)
Great door and great post! Makes me realise how we all need a door like that!
That is awesome! Have you seen 'Lost in Austen'? it totally reminds me of the secret door in the shower which is a portal into Pride and Prejudice. Maybe one day it'll work, keep trying :)
I have "strange and differentness" envy now. LOL There really is absolutely nothing different about my place. (:
so nice to pop in here + for you to be back with your curious door! i like your take on it :)
That's just fabulous! I had a good laugh - very noice, different and unusual! :) K
How very mysterious...maybe it leads to the same place as my strange shadow box hole???
What a great door. When I was a kid I always wished I had a secret door in my closet that led to somewhere. Hope yours someday opens to something magical! :)
Great post! I laughed and laughed about the thought of coming home and finding Johnny Depp in the shower!
Ooh fantastic! I would have got a crowbar by now though just incase Johnny IS in there.
That is fantastic- the possibilities.
Johnny Depp is often showering at my place.. ahem...thats why you haven't run into him....
LOL! It's good to know that he's staying clean. I'd hate to think the reason he doesn't stop by is because he's given up on showering.
A crow bar is a great idea. I might keep one handy for when he drops by next.
I agree, if only it would open...
Yes I did think that too. I thought your hole was very strange. The mysterious kitchen hole.
Nice to have a door you can imagine leads to amazing places! All my doors are the boring kind that open into the room they are supposed to.
Brilliant! Have you ever tried to look underneath?
Methinks this week's theme was MADE for you! Well, ok, your door.
Johnny Depp? James McAvoy? David Tennant? Yes, yes and YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Yes, I tried yesterday but the carpet makes it difficult. I thought I could see Johnny's toes but I wasn't quite sure...
You know what? i think in the end it was meant to be too. I was so close to not joining in and then voila, I remembered the door and it was like it was meant to be. Johnny, James and David - just the four of us. Why do I torture myself like this??
LOL, I know. I told my husband how proud I was of myself. I managed to get Johnny, James and David into the one post in a creative way. It was a rare opportunity and I loved every moment of it.
hehe i like this : ) the best kind of unusual!
woops that was me above : P
Post a Comment