I guess it's important to note that although not one single granny square was crocheted this week there was still plenty of crochet happening in the house of starr and it's crochet I'm immensely proud of, namely two jug covers.

You've already seen this one but I finally found the right light to capture it in its true colours. . I love it so much...and the orange and magenta one...

I finally finished this one last night. It was a rather time consuming pattern not because it was particularly difficult but because it was fine so there were a lot of double trebles to be done in the outer rows. It's so beautiful and I am so pleased. I would never have dreamed I could do anything like this a year ago. In fact I couldn't even remember how to crochet a year ago so I am really proud of how far I've come since relearning the skill earlier in the year.

.... oh and they work too!!

Take care xo


13 comments:
That orange one is absolutely delicious!
PS I;m still working on my poem - I am so NOT a poet or a writer!
I totally get it! How on earth could you go back to grannies after working on these gorgeous jug covers? They are so beautiful and totally functional too. Great work. X
Inspirational. 100% pure inspiration indeed. I am learning to crochet now. Got the granny square & now playing around with the double crochet - lots of bookmarks for my partner at this stage (meant to be other things but keep mucking it up). Knowning that you were relearning a year ago gives me the hope that perhaps I too will be able to make something so fancy & delicious in time.
Love the colours of the blue one and adore the button feature of the orange.
Brilliant.
Seriously? You only relearned earlier this year!?! There is great hope for us crochet plebs :) I'm embarking on a summer cardi for the little one just today, but I'm not certain about it just yet. We'll see!
My favourite is the orange and magenta one. So pretty, and a wonderful colour combination.
Mel! They are GORGEOUS! Since I'm fiddling around on the crochet front already you KNOW this is surefire distraction inspiration!
those are really beautiful and it gives me hope that i might still be able to learn crochet and create some beautiful things as you do =-)
Absolutley gorgeous! as the kids say "skillage in the village!" Indeed!
okay, I fell in love with the first one for sure and now I KNOW we have to arrange some sort of trade for one of these, I just don't know what I could make to entice you.....?
Gosh, how lovely they are! I really like the blue one, it looks like a beautiful flower. Clever you. By the way, I did wake up at three ish this morning and almost shouted...Water for Elephants!!
these are so beautiful Mel aren't you clever! amazing! ps I LOVE elephants too xx
These are so cool...Love the color and design
Love them, Melanie - they are so fabulous. Kx
Oh Melanie, I love the jug covers, just gorgeous!!! Very inspiring, I can't wait to make a couple for myself..
Take Care
Jodie :)
Take Care :)
Post a Comment