Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Giveaway

Starrberry beret

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd whip a quick post and let you know that it's my birthday next Tuesday and I'm having a giveaway to celebrate! I've decided to make one lucky winner one of my starrberry berets. It might technically be the wrong time of the year for berets now in Melbourne but I reckon you can squeeze out a few wears over spring. Besides there's always next year and prospective winners from elsewhere...

starrberry beret

Leave a comment below letting me know if you'd like to win one of my starrberry berets. I will make it in your colour choice so let me know what colour you'd like too. If you are from a warmer climate and would like a lighter weight cotton/bamboo one, please also leave those details.

Now if you blog about my giveaway then please let me know and I will double your chances of winning. I'll draw the winner on the night of the 25th August provided I haven't drunk too much or had a late one celebrating. Otherwise it will be on the next day provided I am feeling well enough... I promise I will draw it shortly after my birthday!

Goodluck, and may the giveaway goddess be with you...

28 comments:

Emjie said...

Oh! Yes please. I think I would like something in a green with a pink flower, like the one pictured above.

Happy Birthday for next week! ;)

CurlyPops said...

Ooooh I love your berets, but I'm on a self-imposed giveaway ban (I win far too many and it's not fair to everyone ele).

I think it's lovely that you're giving a pressie to celebrate your birthday.

Kylie said...

Please please please!!! Yes please. i'd love a dark grey one please :)  K

Bird Bath said...

please include me...I'm a big fan of your berets.I love anything grey or black.
and have yourself a merry birthday :)

Kate said...

I would love to win one of your berets and I would look really beautiful in it and I would tell everyone that you made it and I would wear it everday even when eating breakfast. I will blog it later but will let you know when I do. Thanks for the chance....

Gina Denholm said...

Of course I'd love a starberry beret. No time like spring to wear one (I figure it's going to get all cold on us again anyway). If I win I'd love a bamboo beret, not sure what colours the yarn comes in though.

Nikki Cardigan said...

It's your birthday and you're giving the present? That just doesn't seem the right way around! But lucky us... For me.... of course, I would love a black beret.

Jetta's Nest said...

Hey Melanie
It's my birthday next Thursday and a starrberry beret would be the perfect present!  I'd love a black one if I'm a winner.
Hope you have a fantastic birthday!
Samantha

Leonie @ Raglan Guld said...

Hmmmm. I would Soooooo Love to win, and my color would be....Oh god I dont know.....think leonie.......Green! 

Lauren said...

Oooh I'd love one of your beautiful berets! I'm hatless at the moment and its been a looong cold winter!! I'd dearly love anything green. Have a lovely birthday! x

Tammy said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Please pop my name into the draw! Oh for a colour ... well I won't jump the gun, if I am lucky enough to win then I'll let you know ... if thats OK.

Kate said...

I would love to win it and I would get heaps of wear out of it being from Daylesford and all. Infact I would probably be wearing it right up til Christmas.

dillpickle76 said...

I would so love to win one of your berets! I would say I'd love a green one but I have so much green stuff that I probably need to stop clashing with myself. So maybe a black one? Hope you have a particularly good birthday!

Guest said...

Souldn't you be recieving not giving pressies on your birthday? Hmm, either way I'm in! I think a lovely vibrant red would do the trick nicely for me please. Enjoy your day!

Mel said...

How did I miss this on Wednesday? Count me in for sure!

Tania said...

I don't do convincing beret but I'm tempted to give it another shot! It doesn't seem right though - since I just used your lovely pattern and modified it a bit for a smaller head. (Thank you!). Will post results soon...

Thea said...

Of course I will enter although I would not look as cute as your little munchkin does wearing one.  I really like the grey one with the lilac tie.

Jennie said...

<span>Ooh, they're lovely! I'm headed to the UK in two months and could definitely use some headwear. I love the green with pink, I think it'd go well with my gingerish hair. 
 
I always intent to blog about people's giveaways but don't get around to it. Maybe I'll manage it this time...</span>

I have no idea why this won't show my username, as I'm logged in and have clicked the box. It's Jennie from Cravings Frocks and Northside Makers. cravingsfrocks.blogspot.com

m.e (cathie) said...

how adorable! happy bday for tomorrow. love the brown beret.

Emma said...

at the beginning of winter, I wanted a crochet beret, somewhere roundabout july I came across your blog and kept revisiting to look at the berets and now it's nearly spring and what could be grander than a dark green beret for these still chilly mornings.

Tania said...

Forget everything I said earlier. I'd love to win! Especially after roadtesting the two year old version...(thanks again generous pattern lady)...

http://www.myrtleandeunice.com/2009/08/she-wore-starrberry-beret-sing-like.html

Clairebee said...

oh wow I would love one of your starrberry berets! I like to wear purples, reds and greens so any of those colours would be great.

Hope you have the most wonderful birthday celebration with lots of love and fabulous presents! x

TopCat76 said...

oh what glorious berets!! We're fast approaching autumn here in the UK and I've just got over my phobia of hats!! If I were lucky enough to get picked I'd love a grey one with touch of pink (like in your pics) - gorgeous!!!

del_iciousdesignz said...

oh how adorable would a "Raspberry Beret" be.....(singing the song)...

gemmipop said...

ooooo, sign me up, I love your berets, and it's going to be getting chilly in the UK quite soon!xx

Guest said...

Love this!  I love the green one with the pink ribbon.
Happy Birthday!

gracescotkeith at hotmail dot com
http://www.4keith.blogspot.com

Georgia said...

Hi!  I found you through Myrtle and Eunice.  These hats are gorgeous.  I love the pinky one that is being modeled.  What a lovely thought to be doing a give away for YOUR birthday.

I had some trouble signing in (very high tech fandangled comments).  Apparently I'm not a member of my blog, even though I became a follower just to see if that would work.  HO HUM.  So my blog is here-  http://www.earthgypsies.blogspot.com

Guest said...

I love these hats, very cute.  I will blog about your giveaway at www.flatfootfloosy.blogspot.com and I would love a bamboo in any neutral color.  I love browns :)   thanks for the treat!