Beads: 9 Buttons: 9
Can you believe it? Hilarious. So, guess what I did? I took the advice of Willy Wagtail and used both! What a brilliant, brilliant solution!

How beautiful is she? Don't the beads and buttons work brilliantly? I think I am in love. Thank you all again so much for your help. I couldn't have done it without you. Quite literally. I would have gone one or the other and it wouldn't have been the same.
As you know, I had to wait out finishing off this jug cover until yesterday's deadline. I indicated this would be a bit of a challenge. What was I going to do while I waited? Well, no doubt you've already guessed it...

Yes, I made another one...

...and then another. I'm sorry. I know it looks like I'm showing off but I honestly couldn't help myself. I love the patterns I've been making from Vicki Moodie's "More Jug Cover's" book that I had to buy her first book, "Simple jug covers". It arrived last week and I had to have a try. The patterns in her first book are very simple but a little smaller than the others I have been making so they are rather quick to whip up. Through purchasing this book I inadvertantly discovered that Vicki Moodie is Crochet Australia. How great is that? Her patterns are sooooo easy to understand. They're fantastic and she's Miss Crochet Australia. A double bonus!
So here is some more eye candy for you to finish the post...





14 comments:
AAAAAAAARRRGGHH!
Does it matter if Santa doesn't quite get his act together? Non. I think not. Sod waiting for Christmas evening now.
(you do realise that my granny blanket will ever now remain the current 130 squares of unjoinedness, don't you?)
eee! they're all marvelous!!! pardon the bad typing, I cut my pointer finger and I'm all bandaged,,, haha!
I LOVE the combination number....PERFECT!!
beautiful. I love them - hope you have enough jugs!
They look awesome!
I'll make you a deal. I'll make a granny a day (or at least 5 a week) all through January.
Thanks Elizabeth. I just love making them and experimenting with colour and patterns. I've found a real niche.
Thanks Leonie.
Thank you. I don't really have that many jugs. It could be a problem at some point!
Thanks Rie
MELANIE! They are sooooo gorgeous! So gorgeous! Man you've nailed the crochet lady. What I wouldn't give for an hour with you and my crochet hook ... I'm a bit stumped.
Beautiful photography BTW!
Aww, aren't you the sweetest? That's such a lovely thing to say. I'd also love to be able to give you an hour or a day even. One day surely it will happen....
Everywhere I visit today I'm seeing beautiful crochet. I love the combination of buttons and beads. Gorgeous.
oh wow i'm i LOVE too..with your sweet little jug covers.. buttons & beads & yummy colours..PERFECT!!..gotta get me that book!
Post a Comment