Thursday, December 3, 2009

my creative space

Not a lot has been going on my creative space lately.  It's not for a want of trying though.  I have just been so busy with other things that it hasn't been given as much time as I would have liked...

However...

I did finish this bit of crochet yesterday...

plum jug cover

This jug cover has taken me quite a few weeks to finish...

plum jug cover

That's because the only time I've given to it is on the tram on the way to work.

plum jug cover

Such a lovely colour...

plum jug cover

and I love the blue beads.  They really set it off.

plum jug cover

I just couldn't stop taking photos of it. Time to start a new one I think...

Please make sure you visit other creative spaces here

21 comments:

becclebee said...

that's soooo pretty. i love the blue and purple clour combo - it works really well. just looking at your lovely pics, i could even hear the way the beads would sound knocking against the glass of the jug!

Tam said...

It looks beautiful, I love the purple blue combination, x Tam

Margaret said...

That jug cover is gorgeous! I love the colour that you have chosen, absolutely lovely - finishing that crochet definately is an achievement!

Anonymous said...

That's just what I needed lastnight while we were having a bbq at the park!

Kellie said...

so loving the jug covers i see around, and the colour combo is fantastic, really pretty

Kylie said...

I think I'd be camera happy with such a gorgeous piece to photograph too! I'm starting to appreciate that there's an ebb and flow to all endeavours, including craft. This time of year is just too mad to even think that normal crafting can resume! I'm filling a notebook with ideas for next year at the moment and planning to take my crochet away for the summer holidays. Really love your pot holders and this one is just wonderful Melanie :)  K

Kylie said...

Pot holders??? Jug Covers is what I thought and yet the one finger typist madly does her own little dance on the keyboard! (Sorry!) K

Bec said...

What a gorgeous colour, this is really pretty. I must learn how to do this one day.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

It really is pretty ... I'd love to photograph it too.

june at noon said...

That's just beautiful, love the color and the addition of beads!

cathfromchunkychooky said...

I love it! the blue and urple are great together

Amanda said...

It's marvelous!!!! Love the colors too..great job..

Mel said...

Oh yes that is a lovely colour indeed .... ;)  I can see why you required so many photos!


And I promise, hand on my hook, to do my best in all things crochet-y. No doubt I will be calling on you, oh master, in order to figure out how on earth I would whip up something as delightful (not to mention useful) as this!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours, so pretty & very photogenic!! :)

Guest said...

I am so loving that jug cover...would you ever be interested in selling one?  I can't crochet for shit...but gee whiz I would love one of those!!!

gretchenmist said...

fantastic! love your photos ~ u are right about the beads popping out.
such a crazy time of year for sure. hope you get a few more minutes soon :)

Tania said...

I'm just not looking through anything other than squinty eyes til that granny blanket is finished. Not that you're not driving me INSANE with jug cover loveliness!

Kate said...

Love it, love it, love it! Are you using the MTW wool? Beck gave me some spools for my birthday and they feel very fine? Too fine? Do you use 2 threads at once?

M* said...

Thanks Kate.  Yes, it is MTW wool and I only use one thread with a size 2 hook.  I don't know if that's the right size to use but I thought a 1.75 might be too fine.  

It's not easy to crochet such fine thread but with a bit of practice you will get there.  The key is to be gentle.  I don't know what it is but I find if I relax my hooking, it works a treat.

Kirsty said...

Love the blue & purple.

jeanamarie said...

really beautiful...a treasure for your house for certain!