Friday, December 11, 2009

choose your own crochet adventure...

Well, I finished the final row of the green on the tram this morning so I am now up to my final round which will be in the mauvy pink and will be where I attach the beads or buttons or beads or buttons...yes, such is my dilemma folks.  Do I bead or button this jug cover?

jug cover

This is where you come into it.  I decided that I'd throw my decision out to all of you.  Kind of like a choose your own adventure story where you get to choose the ending.  So what should it be fellow bloggers, the buttons* or the beads? 

I'll hold off finishing this cover until Sunday.  It'll be absolute torture for me cos I am a woman obsessed when it comes to these kind of things. Still, it'll be worth it.  I look forward to all your feedback. 

*the buttons are a mix of mauve and pink.  apologies for the second rate photograph

24 comments:

Neen said...

Ooh that is beautiful, I would go for the beads as it would look very traditional and vintagey.  Is vintagey a word? :)

trudette said...

Great project, I would go for the beads :)

Umatji said...

buttons buttons buttons - the beads are lovely but would not be noticed and appreciated as much! Oh and I love a good button!

Rie said...

Button it! Everybody uses beads.... be unique & button it!

Kate said...

How funny. I just pulled out a heap of old Choose your own adventure books from when I was a kid. Now Indi is reading them and loving them. Its great to listen to her squeal when she finishes a book after just reading 13 pages. I love the jug cover and think the buttons would finish it beautifully.

becclebee said...

hmm, i always love the way that the beads sound when they tinkle against the jug they are covering, but for this one, i think the buttons. i think they would add a bit more in the way of contrast...

Anonymous said...

My vote is for those beautifuk green beads for sure!

Anonymous said...

Whoops - that should be BEAUTIFUL!

willywagtail said...

I'm going to be difficult and say use both, alternate them.  Cherrie

De'Anna said...

I say beads..I love buttons they make me think of grandma, but those beads are ..well they just belong on that jug cover! :-)

Lara said...

I vote for the buttons Melanie!  Do you have enough yarn to make another one to put the beads on?

Guest said...

I have seen the buttons, i have experienced how they sit and now I must say I am SOLD on the buttons!!! Mine are Perfect....You can pop over and have a look see if ya want...I posted about your beautiful creation today!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE IT!!!

Sally said...

Beads. I like the beads!

cathfromchunkychooky said...

everything you decide always looks good so I say YOU choose- asking others always confuses the issue for me!

lisette said...

you're amazing mel - it looks just lovely. i think the buttons too

michelle said...

Yes I think I'm a green bead sort of girl...

Rosemoo said...

BEads for sure!!!!

Linda said...

ooooooh it is soooooo pretty, I would go with the beads!

elizabeth of course said...

Oh my Lord, that's beautiful! I would say buttons for contrast, but that's just me...
I received my jug cover in the mail! I want to say "post" because I like it more but hey, my American is showing, haha! I'm waiting for a not so rainy/crummy photo day so I can post it in all it's amazing glory! I am in LOVEEEE with it. I squealed when I opened it, my husband thought there was somehitng wrong, haha! Thank you so much for it! I'll be putting a special something in the post for you soon, too! Thank you!!! again.

Alisa : ink caravan said...

Oh beads! Lovely lime beads, soooo pretty! : )

Anonymous said...

green beads for my vote, gorgeous work

Angie said...

Ithink I'm finally getting the hang of commentiing (as me) after many a guest comment...

.....just checking to see if it works this time

Izabela said...

I would do the buttons onto this one and definitely made one with the colors other way round and those beautiful green beads on...
x

M* said...

Oh I'm so glad you received it ok!  I was a little worried. I would have hated it if it went astray!.

Does it snow where you are?  could you take a photo of it on a jug or bowl in the snow?  It just doesn't snow here and I'll never be able to take such a photo. I am probably coming across as a total weirdo.  Sorry Elizabeth!!

If it doesn't snow where you are, I won't be disappointed.  I'm am just really happy it has made it safely to you!!