Hi my name is Melanie and I am a clutterholic. I have been a clutterholic for 23years, basically since I started earning an income working for Coles when I was 15 yo. I lived in Richmond at the time so jumping on the no 75 tram to Camberwell market at 7am every Sunday morning made it way too easy to indulge in my habit. I apologise, I seem to have digressed...
It was hard narrowing down so many things but I managed to do it eventually. One thing that I would take with me no matter where I ended up is my geisha lamp.

I absolutely adore this lamp. It speaks to me on so many aesthetic levels. I love the doll, the oriental, the kitsch, the fake flowers and the 'why would you make this?' element. It makes me laugh and sing.

When it's turned on it comes into all it's glory. The globe is under the red floor where the geisha is standing so it glows red underneath and lights up the mountain side drawing on the front. It's not very big either so will fit into any backpack or suitcase if the need ever arose.
The other thing I don't think I could live without is my chopping boards.

I bought these chopping boards at a street market well over 10 years ago. They were old and worn with each one painted around the sides in different colours. As soon as I saw them I knew what I wanted to do with them. After the procrastination phase had passed, (approximately 1 year?) I painted images you now see on the front of them. I love them so much and they take pride of place on my kitchen wall. They were one of the first things I put up when I moved into this house over 6 years ago. They instantly made my kitchen feel like home and they haven't failed me yet.
Thank you to the lovely, talented and clever Ms Tania, and to Pip once again for hosting. Please pop over here and find out where other's lay their hats...


11 comments:
your chopping boards are fantastic Melanie! What a lovely way to decorate your home with your own work.
Those breadboards are stunning, and so homely!
Love the bread boards and your lantern is so unusual. Lovely things to make a home.
Isn't it great how hanging a couple of things on a wall and your home! Must be a female thing though I wonder why?
I love this Melanie. Fabulous special pieces. I love your lantern - it makes me think of all those amazing movies (you know, like The Red Lantern etc) - so exotic. Those chopping boards are just fabulous too. Love your paintings. K
A clutterholic, love that as I'm one too ... gorgeous, totally beautiful post ;)
That is a hilarious lamp - perhaps we all need one - great post from one hoarder to another...
You painted those! Holy crap they are awesome! I love them! I also love that no matter how many photos you post of your home there is always another little hidden corner revealing yet another Melanie treasure!
Thanks for sharing. I just love your lamp. She is too beautiful for words! And as for the camberwell markets... Oh, so many treasures to be uncovered.
I can't BELIEVE you painted those! Close ups, please – cos they are SUBLIME.
I am completely in agreement with you about your lamp. It is so so so lovely and I bet it's a total delight to turn on each night! Hurrah for you! xx
Post a Comment