Sunday, June 14, 2009

To be a scarflet or a neck warmer, that is the question....

I finished my new scarflet or is it a neck warmer?  What ever it is I have finished it and here it is....

scarflet/neck warmer

scarflet/neck warmer

scarflet/neck warmer

I have knitted it out of black 8 ply wool and fringed it with a felted wool which is ultra soft and feels beautiful against your skin.  I have added twists of red thread sporadically through out the fringe and cuff and added different sized red buttons here and there also.  It does up on the side with two large press studs but I have given the illusion of button holes as I added big red buttons.

I have a little confession to make too.  I am a little unsure about posting this.  Why I hear you ask?  Because I don't actually want this scarflet neck warmer thingamagiggy.  I want to sell it.  I want to make more like it. All sorts of different ones.  More fringe, less fringe. More buttons, no buttons.  But you see the problem is I know I would wear it but I then am a bit of a freak and I probably can't judge whether anyone else would.  

Do any of you know anyone who would wear this?  


12 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I think it's lovely. Alas, I have a short stumpy neck and skinny shoulders so I can't wear things like that. It would look perfect on someone with a long slender neck.
 

Kylie said...

How funky is this! AND it's black, so of course you can tick that box too! It's fabulous Melanie.

Kylie said...

Me again - I just found this picture on My Vintage Vogue and thought of your neck warmer.

M* said...

Oh it's beautiful!  And what a glamour shot.  That's what's missing in our lives.  Genuine glamour. sigh

M* said...

Thank you Kylie.  

M* said...

thank you.  

Steph said...

This is one awesome scarf-ii-thing lol My 8 yr old and I would agrue about who gets to wear it... lol
 
xo Steph

cath said...

I love it- and have a long neck- I would wear it for sure! how much will it be???? I am keen!!!
 PS I just gave your blog an award- see my blog for details...

Jetta's Nest said...

I definately think people would buy, wear and totally adore these.  They're very 'edgy' for want of a less wanky term :) .
 
Go for it!
 
-Samantha

Rebecca said...

I agree with Sam, people would definitely wear it, it's glamorous, edgy and I love the red thread and button detailing. Go on, list it!

michelle said...

love it...how amazing...
I think you would be able to sell these no worries...
:)

littlelovelies said...

Surprise!

http://jolipetitbouquet.blogspot.com/2009/06/whimsy-by-jess-interview-winner.html


x nadine