Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday favourites...

If you checked out my post last Friday then you'd know that I have started a 'thang' where I post the most inspiring thing I've experienced or seen during the week. I'm happy for anyone to join in if they want to but make sure you link back here ok?

Do any of you know Melanie at 'from little things'? If you have been following my blog for a while you may know that she was the first person to follow my blog and had a bit of a pants making problem that I helped her out of?

Well Mel has been an inspiration to me this week. She has started to make a quilt which has a sad story behind it and is what makes it so special. Her journey through this difficult time has made me realise how important it is not only to have good friends but in acknowledging the healing that the making and creating or the process of making and creating can provide. I really admire that she found inspiration in an experience that is so difficult and for sharing the journey with us. I can't wait to see it finished as I know it will be beautiful.

If you'd like to join in, then please leave a comment. Instructions can be found here. If enough people participate, then I will get one of those linky gadgets things. Yippee! It's Friday!

6 comments:

kellie said...

Hey M* ~ top idea. Count me in. Mine's here http://74limelane.com.au/2009/06/26/friday-favourite/

Gina Denholm said...

Yeah, I did mean to join in with this, but I was braindead yesterday! Next week... I went and checked out 'from little things'' blog, thanks for the link, what an amazing woman and a great approach to grieving.

Tania said...

I plotted all day Thursday, knowing that Friday morning I would be on the other side of the world (ok, Melbourne) and I would be able to take a shot of about fifteen pairs of shoes hanging from telegraph wires I first spotted with pure joy a month ago. Gutted is too mild a word for my reaction when I found the spot and only one pair of hanging around shoes remained...I'll get it together one day soon!

M* said...

No hurry.  Whenever you get the urge!

M* said...

Doh!  How annoying!!  Oh well, another day perhaps?

Kellie said...

Ah, I joined in but forgot to leave a comment. But I linked back here. Mine was a photo I took this week.