Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 15 - word of the day

wotd - 15.10.09

I am late in posting the word of the day today but have chosen this word as it's quite apt if you consider it in the context of my creative space today.  How funny is the 'room for' above it?  It was as though it is meant to be!

Sewing is one of my favourite hobbies.  I love doing it and I love looking and admiring and being inspired by other sewing I see on blogs and the like.  Yay for sewing.  What would we do without it?

11 comments:

june at noon said...

Good word. I have the room. Now if I could just find more time.... ;)

Kylie said...

Yah for sewing!! May there be more of it all round... perfect "room for" addition. Love it. Thank you so much for your beautiful comments re the interview Melanie - I was so touched and well, you know, all that "undeserving" crap that creeps into the brain and all that? Anyway I couldn't respond... obviously having a girly moment! Thanks again. Your support means a lot. Kx

Kate said...

I want to move in.

Queenotisblue said...

I love sewing, it's my creative passion. I have boxes and boxes of fabric I just can't bear to part with. I remember where I bought each piece, what I was going to make with it and who it was for. I even have a piece that was bought for my youngest sister (now 24) nearly twenty years ago, a beautiful piece of John Kaldor fabric featuring an underwater ocean scene. I was going to make her a dress, the pattern for which I still have. If I hurry up I could make my five year old niece that dress. I don't seem to have time to do it these days :( . I once lived in a house where there were enough rooms that I could have a dedicated sewing room. That was bliss.

Queenotisblue said...

'I love sewing too' that should read...I am in complete agreement with you.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! My word would include Oneday I would love a room for sewing x

M* said...

It's a pleasure Kylie.  Don't worry that 'undeserving' crap hits us all.  You just have to remember that most people can't all be wrong about you!!  You really are an amazing artist.  XO

M* said...

Yes that would be nice wouldn't it??  A room dedicated to Sewing

M* said...

I still have boxes of fabrics too.  Stuff I've had for close on 20 years.  Why do we do this??  LOL!!!

Gina Denholm said...

Sewing. Mmmmm. Sewing. Almost as good as coffee.

M* said...

Yes it's almost as good as coffee.  How are is your paper piecing going?  I meant to write back but have been a bad blog buddy.  I have to also admit that I didn't really know what it was until I saw your creative space yesterday.