
One of the other things I plan to do one day is to make a big difference somehow, somewhere. Some people think having an ambition to change the world is a pipe dream but I don't. Changing the world doesn't mean you need to be elected president of the US or anything. It can be a small thing that makes a big difference.
I can't understand why we don't value human life on an equitable basis. I don't understand why we continue to have such an enormous amount of poverty in the world when over the last 10 years the West has seen more wealth than it ever has before.
Stand up against poverty this weekend. I am.


3 comments:
Good on you Melanie - I just stood up too! (Well, I clicked the button while sitting down but you know what I mean!) I love how there are rain drops on the sign as if they are tears. K
Thanks Kylie. That's a really lovely way of looking at it!
Hey Mel have you read Peter Singer's book 'The Life You Can Save' he is an amazing thinker and sets down some clear and definable ideas about how we can, as individuals, save a life from poverty.
Post a Comment