Saturday, October 17, 2009

my place and yours

My favourite place

Pip has begun a new meme called 'my place and yours'.  It sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Each week there will be a new theme a random place or perspective and each week Pip will select someone new to choose the following week's subject. I think it's an excellent idea and look forward to seeing how it develops. I also love it when I don't have to think too much.

This is my mantel-piece, does that count as a shelf? I view it as a shelf but then other's may not.  Any hoo this is my most interesting shelf space and my favourite space in the house.  I love it because it's bitsy and houses some of the kitsch oriental things that I collect.  I guess it's an inspiring place for me especially when it's freshly dusted and straightened up - it really makes me smile.

Pop over and visit other people's places here

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your shelf!!!  And cute idea for a meme..I might have to go check it out, love being nosey :P

Kate said...

Gorgeous shelf/mantel thing. Bet Ivy loves pulling all the little treasures out and playing with them.

CurlyPops said...

I love your printers tray that houses all of those little treasures...

Vic said...

...ah, thanks CurlyPops, Printer's tray you say...?! I was about to ask, but it was going to sound more like "Oooh, I do like your wooden display box frame thingy - did you make it?!"... but thanks to you... I don't have to sound like an idiot,

Oh. Hang On...

Lovely space! :D

Happydacks said...

Lovely Eclectic and fun collection of goodies Mel! It looks like an altar to the God of Thrift. I love the flowers in the little glass displays. Chele x

Anonymous said...

what eye candy..i love the printer's drawer on the wall too..it packs a punch!

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun little trinkets on your shelf me thinks.I bet little fingers would love to get up there and have a wee play.

Tara (Waffling Along)

Kylie said...

It's gorgeous! I'm intrigued by the tiny things in the shelf above your mantel too... can I spy action figures?! K

M* said...

Funnily enough Ivy doesn't really take any notice of the goodies up there.  I think it may be because she's always seen it there and it has no 'new' value.  I'm touching wood...

M* said...

I like that "An altar to the God of Thrift' Very apt Chele!

M* said...

Yes there are a few action figures and the like.  Admittedly this photo is old and the print tray has a few more extras in there now. It's quite hard finding things small enough to fit in there.

Bird Bath said...

This is such a lovely display - I would really enjoy gazing at this every day! I especially like the cards on the wall and the rose+doily - it all just fits together so spendidly.

Anonymous said...

i love bitty things and have been looking for a printers tray to display mine for ages. love yours it looks fab

PearlinJ said...

I love your display, so interesting!

bex said...

That has to be the coolest mantelpiece I've ever seen.