Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 6 - word of the day

wotd - 6.10.09

tweet tweet!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I could go on about this one for weeks. Between our ducks, chooks, my 3 girls and Indi's love for owls.....I wonder what it means to you?

Kylie said...

Well, you know there is another meaning....! K

beck said...

Bird, now there's a word. To me a bird is more an image than a word. Don't you love the swirling, group, syncronised thing they do? How do they know to do the turns at the same time? It always amazes me xo

Mel said...

ok I am seriously going through a bird "thang" at the moment. They seem to be popping up on a lot of stuff I like ... like your blog :)

M* said...

My house backs on to the Northcote Golf course which backs on to the Merri Creek.  We have an extraordinary amount of bird life going on especially over the last few years.  The kookaburras have returned and are often in the trees behind our place of a morning.  There's also owls and lots of lorikeets and cockatoos. I feel very lucky to be able to experience them in the city.  

But the fondest bird experience I have is my Australian bird card collection that I have which I collected from the tynee tips tea packets when I was a kid.  My nana used to always save them for me and I absolutely adored them.  A few years ago my nana got alzheimers/dimentia and we had to clean out her house when she was moved to a nursing home.  To my astonishment we found my bird card collection stashed away.  She'd kept them all these years.  I was so overwhelmed.  They were always very special but now they mean even more cos they will always remind me of her.

LOL, I probably should have posted this as part of the word of the day but unfortunately I was short of time this morning.  Oh well you can have your own private post instead? ; )

M* said...

Oh that's so cheeky!!  LOL  ;)

M* said...

I have always wondered how they know when to turn especially when they are doing it really fast.  They are amazing creatures.

M* said...

Glad to part of your series of twilight zone experiences Mel.  You know I love helping you out!  ;)