Saturday, October 31, 2009

my place and yours - blog hq

my place and yours - blog hq

Playing along again this week with Pip.  This is my blog HQ.  It houses my beloved apple and other bits and pieces.  You can see some cones of wool on the left that I picked up from the Tapestry Workshop.  I'm taking them away with me this weekend to do some experimental crochet.  (after I finish my giveaway prize ofcourse!!) Very excited!

Take a look at more of the HQ's at Pips.  Thanks Ninon for choosing a great theme this week.

25 comments:

Kate said...

Eeeek the tapestry workshop. Another stall holder at market last week told me they have more than 300 colours. Have you been? Is it as good as it is in my imagination? Do I need to save up before I go? Have a great weekend away.

Anonymous said...

<span style="color: #808080;">Experimental crochet, that sounds intriguing. Have a lovely weekend away.</span>
<span style="color: #808080;"></span>
<span style="color: #808080;">Tara (Waffling Along)</span>

Tamara said...

Feeling the Mac love...wishing I had more crafty inspiration on my desk :(  Tam xo

Mel said...

Well I'm with you on the apple love (which you will see once I get my HQ post up - need to stop reading and start writing!). Man I would LOVE that screen though ... and a designated spot for the 'puter.

Enjoy your crochet weekend! Sounds divine to me.

ps I am going to attempt to teach myself this weekend. Do you recommend you tube?

Anonymous said...

noice screen. i think it's quite funny to see the space where that is the hq of fellow bloggers. adds a new dimension somehow

Kylie said...

What a beautiful space! Very interested in hearing more about your workshop. Have a great time! K x

Bianca said...

I have blog space envy! Look at the massive apple!! 

Susan L said...

I love how colourful your space is ... mine is so dull in comparison.

beck said...

I used to work at the Tapestry Workshop, surrounded by wool! It was a fantastic and colourful place to work, I really loved it. Hope you have fun with your wool and your time away xo

Izabela said...

that must be very nice to blog from, I just moved from my old computer to the lovely new Macbook and as I have no space as yet for my blogging only my laps I don't know what to post...

sad that I cannot make any poem because the tea pot looks fantastic so far... ehhh

x

pippy lincolne said...

Oh I am LOVING that HUGE monitor! I'm coveting one - but I do love my laptop... so I think I might need a laptop with a HUGE screen!!  Your HQ is really nice!  I especially like those picture rails and lovely prints! xx

handmade romance said...

i love your blue wall and picture rail. we had these in the house i grew up in i love them! im also eyeing off your gorgeous vase. what a lovely blog hq you have! x

Bek said...

Looks like a nice place to blog away. I have the same computer. When we first got it I thought the screen was ridiculously huge, but it has become my normal and now computer screens all seem tiny!

Tania said...

That's it. I'm cleaning the TIP up and making it come over all M* and zen...

caroline - ExcUsE mY frEnch said...

nice to see where you blog ! i love your "word of the day" idea !

Deedrie said...

Love your picture rail!!  

M* said...

Yes, they do have more than 300 colours.  It's like a gigantic paint palette of wool cones.  It's drool worthy.  Save up?  if you can stop at buying 5 or 6 at $4 a cone you'll be ok.  Trying to stop at that many is VERY hard.  It's amazing.  go go go. 

M* said...

Funnily enough this is only the 17 inch screen not the 20 inch which means it's the small one. It is still heavenly though.

Very happy to hear you are starting to crochet! you will never look back!

You tube has some good crochet clips but I really like Lucy at Attic24's recommendation - http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html 

It's an American site so the stitches are not the same as they are here (a treble here is a double there etc...) but I am happy to help if you are ever confused about things.  I just find the tutorials here really clear and easy and it's good quality video. 

M* said...

Thanks Kylie.  The Tapestry Workshop is an amazing place.  Check out there website

http://www.victapestry.com.au/

M* said...

Really??  Wow!  I did tapestry weaving at RMIT quite a few years back.  When I went in there to buy the cones I ran into a girl I studied with who now works there too.  It's a beautiful place.  The cones of wool are heavenly. 

M* said...

You don't have to create an amazing poem or anything.  Just make something silly up!!

M* said...

Yes, the big screen is beautiful but I do sometimes wish I had a lap top too.  I like the idea and versatility of being able to sit outside and blog.

I love the picture rails too.  They are all through the house and are so fantastic.

M* said...

Aww thank you.  The vase is one of two I managed to pick up long ago when I was young and childfree and nobody liked stuff like that!

M* said...

LOL, I know the feeling.  My work computer is so lame in comparison.  It's a great computer isn't it.  So lovely to use.

M* said...

Yeah I have about as much Zen as Colonel Gaddafi!  I'll have you know it was a TIP an hour before the photo was taken.  The best thing about the My place and yours meme is that it inspires me to clean the most neglected parts of my home.  It's going to double up as my spring clean to do list.